Beaver Valley Outreach (BVO)
Transportation is available for medical, dental, legal and individual or parent counselling appointments. This service is available to any resident of the Town of Blue Mountains/Thornbury/Clarksburg.
Call Barb - Transportation Coordinator
Monday–Friday 9am-4pm, At least 2 days in advance
Fees: $5.00 for in-town appointments; $.42/mile round trip for longer trips
MOVIN'GB (Home and Community Support Services)
519-370-0558 or 1-888-660-6048
The MOVIN'GB Transportation program is a support service which provides rides to non-emergency medical appointments, shopping, banking, and various social activities and programs. This service may also be used for long distance medical appointments to out of county medical centres.
- available Monday to Friday unless a medical or dialysis appointment can only be accommodated on the weekend.
- Wheelchair accessible. The service utilizes wheel chair accessible vans operated by employees as well as volunteer drivers using their personal vehicles.
- Client must be independent with all aspects of mobility, personal care, communication or provide their own escort who will provide any assistance required.
- Clients must be able to get themselves to and from their appointment from the vehicle drop off location.
- There is a nominal fee based on distance travelled and the client's ability to pay. All fares are calculated as round trips.
- To book a ride call 519-370-0558 or 1-888-660-6048 between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm to speak with our scheduler.
- This service is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Book in advance whenever possible.